Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Random Moleskin 4, 5 and 6




#4: These were 3 quick thumbnails I did of a model in my portrait painting class. I moved around the room trying to figure out what angle I liked most. I went with the one that actually has a box around it, which represents the shape of the gessoed board I was going to paint on, and gave me an idea of how big I should redraw the face to make it all fit.

#5: Exactly what happens when I'm bored. I think I'm going turn the top drawing into some sort of faux anti-junk food ad. The second is just damn funny to me. I think I'll make it bigger, remove the text and go into more detail with it. Maybe make it like a next-gen femme-bot :P

#6: Lincoln Terminator. That's all that really needs to be said. Some time ago, I had come up with an idea to turn this into a live action sketch comedy spoof. When that all fell through, I placed the idea in the back of my head waiting for the day when i could pull it out again. I've since (I'm talking last week here) decided to turn the idea into a mini comic (like I don't have enough to do). However I decided to start off with an action scene first, see how that all goes, and the proceed with the actual comic.
This here is a thumbnail for a chase scene involving Lincoln (John Connor), though it's not the definite one I'm going with. It will be based on the truck chase early on in the movie with the T-800 helping John escape from the T-1000. Specifically, this will be at the point where the T-800 pulls John onto his own bike, as the T-1000 continues the chase on the truck.
This time, however, both the T-800 and Lincoln will be on horses while the T-1-000 (John Wilkes Booth) follows in a carriage. I can't wait to keep working on this. I've left the next page blank and visible because I'll probably update this post when i draw some more versions next to that.

1 comment:

  1. I am fond both of your ideas and of your sense of motion here.

    ReplyDelete