Sunday, April 19, 2009

A satire piece that doesn't satire what I would like it to satire


So I was trying to do a piece on the level of impatience people have today in all aspects of life, particularly within American culture. We need to do everything now, and learn everything all at once, and there seems to just never be enough time for any of it at all.

So I tried doing it this way. Honestly, I had better ideas on how to handle the subject, but I randomly started drawing this and went with it.

I think most people will take it as a business tycoon-archetype draining the world and everything else around it instead. boo.

I'll have to do this one over. I think I'll go with my original idea next time, instead of a random drawing. I do like the way this looks, however. Though it could use a little more "space."

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, I wouldn't have known what it's supposed to mean, but it looks good.

    Would be a very good fit to go with an article on the topic, I think.

    ReplyDelete